Thursday 11 June 2009

For Gloria.

*****************


You already know my friend Gloria, the responsible of that I have begun with this blog.

Well, you must know now that when a thing gets in the head of Gloria she is terrible. Some time ago she said to me, as a gift, this way she is, that she would like doing a dress with some of my papers.

Now she is thinking about how to turn in reality her fantasy. She has suggested to me to try to print one of my paper designs on silk, something that today can be done perfectly by computer means with "tremendous" results.

It seems to me that it is not the way, Gloria. What really I would like to do is to be able to marble silk, or another type of cloth. A type of marbling that makes perfectly my friend Gail, who sent to me these photos.





Dresses, umbrellas, scarves, vests, handkerchiefs, shoes, ties... how many different things Gail MacKenzie could marble, I don’t know.


I got the surprise when I wrote to Gail asking for permission to include these photos in my blog, I mentioned to her that I wanted them to demonstrate Gloria that cloth could be marbled directly … Gail gave me the requested permission and … she suggested me to try to print on cloth … that has fantastic results¡¡¡

Now I don’t know what to do. I was saving money to make a trip to the USA, to visit friends from Boston to Los Angeles … and to learn to marble cloth with Gail.

But perhaps I should speak with Gloria’s printer first, isn’t it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aha! so sorry for the confusion! Ingrid kept mentioning Gloria and I didn't know of any picture of me with Gloria... so, I am admitting that the red hair is mine. The 2 other pictures are with a professional model. Thank you for using my pictures in your blog. I'll have to come to Spain for your fabric marbling lessons as my studio is dismantled!!best regards, Gail